Rave Scene? Rave Scene?

I agree with Nintendoart, the music was a little overwhelming for a piece that was supposed to showcase vocal talent. But, I have to say, it was fun listening to your characters reacting to the music. Also, nice choice of music, it was very listenable.
And for the contest it's not too late you can always update the track with the music mixed in a little lower or try the following:

Quoted from "http://sound.stackexchange.com/questions/2349/background-music-when-to-make-it-disaapear"

"If you have very loud music, yet want to make your dialogue cut through, you can achieve that with a basic eq. If you have a frequency analyzer, throw it over the dialogue tracks and see where the dialogue is sitting. The intelligibility cues usually sit in the 2k-8k range. Try pulling out a few db from the music that range (not the whole range, but a generous Q). Sweep the eq around a bit and figure out when the dialogue pops through."

You may also want to try every once in a while have one character be really loud, as if the guy making the recording is holding the microphone up, to give variety...

Benjamin's First Rescue Benjamin's First Rescue

Good Job! The story was funny and your voices were distinct.

Things you may want to 'look' at:
The music and special effects got in the way a little, there were parts where I couldn't quite understand the vocals on the first listen.
Also, the main character didn't really react believably sometimes (he should be scared or angry but he still sounded kind of 'aww shucks' if you get what I mean), but that may have been a stylistic choice.
One other thing I noticed was that the bad guy said 'You caliente punta', which made me laugh because he was cursing in Spanish incorrectly...

Again good job, and good luck in the contest!

Nintendoart responds:

Duly noted. I'll lower the volume on the music next time. Thanks again!

The Vanishing at Lake Orsa The Vanishing at Lake Orsa

Excellent! The story and the mood of the music complement each other perfectly!

shadow-ghost responds: