Book Soap Book Soap

Awesome Randomation! I liked it, I don't know why I liked it, but it made me smile. Everything fit together; the story, the music, the art style; it just felt right!

Green Knight Green Knight

Amazing! You got the humor down pat. Any chance there will be more of these? This would make a brilliant webseries!

squeakytoad responds:

Thanks! As I said to another reviewer, I actually wrote several scenes back when I made this. Now that I have time to animate for fun again, I might produce them, if there's enough demand for it.

Snow Hare Snow Hare

Beautiful!

ShawnBranden responds:

Thank you! :)

Mini Thief(beta) Mini Thief(beta)

Typical platformer. The difficulty ramps up too quickly, and the controls don't work quite right making it frustrating rather than fun. I would get tons of deaths because I had trouble getting the little red guy to move and jump correctly. Since there is feedback at the end of each level it might be nice to give the option to retry for a better score.

Wild Wild West Wild Wild West

Interesting little game, could use some variation though. Also, the collision detection is wonky sometime hit cactus that are nowhere near me.

Orange Cowboy Orange Cowboy

The game has some promise but seriously lacks polish. The music loop is way too short... it gets annoying very quickly. The controls are pretty loose, the whole game feels like the dreaded ice level of Mario 3. Also the collision detection isn't spot on, at one point I was standing in mid air between two bricks, but other times I would fall through the same spot. With a lot of tweaks I could see this being fun...

gameswala responds:

thanks a lot, will improve all the details given by all
thanks a lot

Rave Scene? Rave Scene?

I agree with Nintendoart, the music was a little overwhelming for a piece that was supposed to showcase vocal talent. But, I have to say, it was fun listening to your characters reacting to the music. Also, nice choice of music, it was very listenable.
And for the contest it's not too late you can always update the track with the music mixed in a little lower or try the following:

Quoted from "http://sound.stackexchange.com/questions/2349/background-music-when-to-make-it-disaapear"

"If you have very loud music, yet want to make your dialogue cut through, you can achieve that with a basic eq. If you have a frequency analyzer, throw it over the dialogue tracks and see where the dialogue is sitting. The intelligibility cues usually sit in the 2k-8k range. Try pulling out a few db from the music that range (not the whole range, but a generous Q). Sweep the eq around a bit and figure out when the dialogue pops through."

You may also want to try every once in a while have one character be really loud, as if the guy making the recording is holding the microphone up, to give variety...

Benjamin's First Rescue Benjamin's First Rescue

Good Job! The story was funny and your voices were distinct.

Things you may want to 'look' at:
The music and special effects got in the way a little, there were parts where I couldn't quite understand the vocals on the first listen.
Also, the main character didn't really react believably sometimes (he should be scared or angry but he still sounded kind of 'aww shucks' if you get what I mean), but that may have been a stylistic choice.
One other thing I noticed was that the bad guy said 'You caliente punta', which made me laugh because he was cursing in Spanish incorrectly...

Again good job, and good luck in the contest!

Nintendoart responds:

Duly noted. I'll lower the volume on the music next time. Thanks again!

The Vanishing at Lake Orsa The Vanishing at Lake Orsa

Excellent! The story and the mood of the music complement each other perfectly!

shadow-ghost responds:

Thank you! :)

title title

Interesting stylistic choice reminiscent of Raphael. Excellently executed.

The only thing that bothers me a little is the sharpness of the lines around the lady's eyes, mouth and chin; and around the steed's eyes, mouth, chin and paws. Everything else is so smooth and natural that the sharper lines in these places are a little jarring.

Still I love the style and this piece. GREAT WORK!

Giant's Deathway Giant's Deathway

Beautiful piece!
It reminds me of a joke my brother tells...

Why is Odin more trustworthy than Jesus?
Jesus promised to rid the world of wicked people,
Odin promised to rid the world of frost giants...
I don't see any frost giants, do you?